Monthly Archives: January 2010
Payroll tax filings and w-2′s are a horrible, horrible thing for me to deal with, Federal forms, state forms, city forms, all calculated slightly differently and requiring a manual spreadsheet to complete. I hate them all, I hates taxes in every way shape or form. Ugh.
1. I spent over 6 hours yesterday moving and/or assembling furniture yesterday. I still have more to do, which is alright, since I don’t mind doing it really. IKEA is the most wonderfulest furniture store ever, and putting their stuff together is generally really easy. The only piece that frightens me is the buffet. Lots o’ parts and heavy. I’m not as sore as I thought I’d be, which is a bonus.
Karma is an interesting concept. My intention is not to discuss the wide-ranging philosophical implications of karma and what it means to different people and blah blah blah. No, I’m merely interested in the applications of karma to professional football.
1. Game predictions: Favre Bowl ’10 approacheth, like a beast shambling onwards towards Bethlehem. Vikings/Jets in the Super Bowl. God help us all.
1. There are few things more joyous than remembering you brought a Raspberry Zinger to work and left it in your desk, but forgot to eat it at lunch, just before you go home. It’s like a reward for surviving yet another drab workday.
1. Like everyone else in the sports blogging world (not that this is a sports blog, but whatever), I’ll take a moment to pimp GQ’s absorbing report about the Marvin Harrison case. It’s a strange but ultimately not unique story, I’m thinking, among the inner city life that most people only encounter on HBO. The report has seemingly gotten the new Philadelphia prosecutor to turn the case over to the FBI for another look. All in all, I can’t say that the case was handled badly the first time, honestly. None of the people involved want to tell the truth about it, since it just isn’t done. It gets settled their way, one way or another, without the police involved. If it wasn’t for the fact that Harrison has a lot of money and is therefore a target for civil suits, this would have gone away long ago.
1. Comment redacted for safety.
1. Yes, I have been slacking a lot lately with writing. The long holiday break from work has left a deep-seating seed of discontent at having to work, and since I mainly update while I am at the office, my pissy woe-is-me attitude at being here has affected my desire to write. Plus its the beginning of year-end, we’re short handed, and I’m already busy on top of it all. Wah wah wah work is hard.
1. Happy birthday to my awesomely amazing wife! I love you so much!
2. As I type this, The Dream Machine is being assembled in the basement. What is The Dream Machine? Only the biggest home gym we could find. After today, it’s time to buckle down and work out again after a long holiday hiatus. I miss how much better I feel when I’m eating right and exercising, but I am going to miss hot chocolate with big dollops of marshmallow fluff in it. Ah well. Everything in moderation.